1|1|2013-04-01 08:29:46|FLEX9@yahoogroups.com|New file uploaded to FLEX9 |
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FLEX9
group.

File : /Pascal/Omegasoft/ResW.TXT
Uploaded by : wilserv_41 <coco@... Description : Reserved word list

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

wilserv_41 <coco@...| 2|1|2013-04-01 08:30:50|FLEX9@yahoogroups.com|New file uploaded to FLEX9 |
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FLEX9
group.

File : /Pascal/Omegasoft/PredW.txt
Uploaded by : wilserv_41 <coco@... Description : Predefined word list

wilserv_41 <coco@...| 3|1|2013-04-04 20:50:49|FLEX9@yahoogroups.com|New file uploaded to FLEX9 |
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FLEX9
group.

File : /Pascal/Omegasoft/PCp1.LST
Uploaded by : wilserv_41 <coco@... Description : Assembler output created by assembling a source file, created by using a dis-assembler, using a FLEX assembler via FLEXemu (part 1)

wilserv_41 <coco@...| 4|1|2013-04-04 20:52:53|FLEX9@yahoogroups.com|New file uploaded to FLEX9 |
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FLEX9
group.

File : /Pascal/Omegasoft/PCp2.LST
Uploaded by : wilserv_41 <coco@... Description : Assembler output created by assembling a source file, created by using a dis-assembler, using a FLEX assembler via FLEXemu (part 2)

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

wilserv_41 <coco@...| 5|5|2013-04-04 22:13:29|FLEX9-owner@yahoogroups.com|FLEX|
Hi!

A couple of months ago I gave up on playing with OS-9 and the Freed 6809 card because of frustration caused by having to constantly rewrite corrupted test disks. Examining the boot logic on the Apple ][ format FLEX disk revealed that the version of FLEX for the Apple ][ uses 6502 code to access 5.25 inch drives. So, I began to investigate if I could create a version of FLEX that could work with a Stellation card or a Freed card. During that investigation I discovered the FLEXemu emulator for Windows and discovered that I REALLY like playing with it. So much so that for the past two months I have not used a real or emulated Apple ][. I also found a ton of FLEX software. Well, to cut this narrative short, I started yet another group that, hopefully, will present available FLEX software in a more accessible manner than can be currently found. Although only a small fraction of available FLEX files have been placed in the new group's 'Files' section, I've sent invitations to all of you to join the new group. Bouquets or brickbats are welcome...

Willi
| 6|5|2013-04-05 05:11:54|sfischer194087|Re: FLEX|
--- In FLEX9@yahoogroups.com, FLEX9-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
Hi,

http://www.flexusergroup.com/flexusergroup/pdfs/6809fadg.pdf

Is what I used to install Flex on a SYM-1 with 6809 CPU and a bed of nails cards.

It may be of some use for you.

SHF
| 7|1|2013-04-05 18:26:09|john dumas|Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
I am using the SWTPemu to test flex9 - before moving to System09 FPGA - and
having a problem with HIER by Ray Goff. I would appreciate any help from
someone
who has it working successfully.

What I do is:
- boot from hierboot disk. Hier commands work correctly on that disk.
- But Hier commands fail on other disks, including ones I create with
NEWDISK or FLEXplorer. For example, the MAKEDIR command
fails silently, creating no new directory.
- Then I created a new disk by copying the HIERBOOT.DSK to a new
disk and removed all files on the new disk. The hier commands - like
MAKEDIR - work correctly on the new disk.

Clearly there is something different with the distribution disk -
HIERBOOT.DSK -
compared to newly created disks. Something that can be copied to a new disk
with the COPY command.

I haven't a hint of a suspicion of a clue as to what that something
might be.
Nowhere in the documents about HIER do I find any mention of such a problem.
Either I'm blind or there is a subtle problem here. I hope someone has
seen - and
solved - this problem before......

cheers,
johnd
| 8|1|2013-04-06 00:24:13|Willi Kusche|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
Hi!

| 9|1|2013-04-06 01:17:29|john dumas|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
On 4/5/2013 5:24 PM, Willi Kusche wrote:
| 10|1|2013-04-07 10:39:16|Willi Kusche|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
Hi!

| 11|1|2013-04-07 16:18:43|john dumas|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
On 4/7/2013 3:39 AM, Willi Kusche wrote:
| 12|1|2013-04-07 21:23:13|Willi Kusche|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
Hi!

I just discovered a bit of a catch-22 when trying to run the
INSTALL command. It's not on the boot disk but it is in a directory
on "HIER.DSK". So, to make a copy of "INSTALL.CMD", the quick
solution I found was to run Goff's emulator to copy "INSTALL.CMD" to
the boot disk. This allowed me to use FLEXplorer to copy the INSTALL
command to the big system disk I use with FLEXemu. INSTALL has listed
three lines to change in "HIER.TXT". Now to find "HIER.TXT" so I can
assemble a new version of "HIER.CMD". Stay tuned...

Willi
| 13|1|2013-04-07 23:18:18|Willi Kusche|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
Hi!

Well, it's beginning to look as if the documentation either isn't
worth much or is badly out of sync with the available disk images.
One big discrepancy is files listed as being on the boot disk not
being there. A list extracted from the documentation is as follows:
BACKUP.CMD, CHGDIR.CMD, COPY.CMD, DELDIR.CMD, DIR.CMD, DISCCHK.CMD,
HIER.TXT, HIER.CMD, HOME.CMD, LIST.CMD, MAKEDIR.CMD, MOVE.CMD,
RUN.CMD, RUN.LOW, SETDIR.CMD, TEST.DIR, TREE.CMD, UNDER.CMD and
WHERE.CMD.
I don't see BACKUP.CMD, DISCCHK.CMD, DISCCHK.CMD, HIER.TXT, RUN.CMD,
RUN.LOW or TEST.DIR on the boot disk I have. I do see a MKDIR.CMD
which I tried and did work off a system disk I created. The missing
files are probably on HIER.DSK in subdirectories but I haven't looked
for all the missing files. I did find MAKEDIR.CMD in MAKEDIR.DIR.

I'm going to do some testing with the system disk I created but
only after I've had some rest. It's now 5 PM here and I've been up
since 3 AM. I did finally finish my tax form for 2012 and filed it
electronically. I'm about to consume the lemon cookies I denied
myself until the tax form was done.

Willi
| 14|1|2013-04-14 20:48:36|john dumas|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
On 4/7/2013 4:18 PM, Willi Kusche wrote:
| 15|1|2013-04-14 20:48:37|Stephen H. Fischer|Re: Problems with "HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM".|
Hi,

We on the CoCo list are having problems understanding some FHL Color FLEX
boot disks also.

The problem may be that Track 0 is single-density and the rest of the tracks
"May" be double density.

From the FAQ:

The FAQ describes the Track 0 and the rest of the disk.

http://www.flexusergroup.com/flexusergroup/fug10.htm#faq2

SHF

| 16|16|2013-04-14 20:57:54|wilserv_41|My apologies|
Hi!

Gentlemen, please accept my apologies for the delay in your messages being posted. I neglected to shut off checking messages for spam when I started this group. It seems that when spam checking is on, any message that is not pure text is considered by Yahoo! as being spam.

Willi
| 17|17|2013-05-09 23:52:05|wilserv_41|HIER|
Hi!

A few weeks ago I took a stab at compiling the "C" source file for one of the HIER commands. I got a ton of error messages that I could not make sense of. Today I finally took another stab at the compile and discovered what the problem was. It seems that FLEXplorer, when transferring text files from the Windows environment to images of FLEX disks, does NOT remove the linefeed character. So, now I'm getting error messages that make more sense to me. But, that's not saying much because my "C" programming skills are almost non-existent.

Willi
| 18|17|2013-05-10 02:07:23|Egan Ford|Re: HIER|
Yep, a frequent problem I run into. Most modern compilers don't care
about CR or LF, actually C shouldn't care either, they are both valid
white spaces. The problem is the parsers.

| 19|19|2013-07-15 00:48:24|Kip Koon|Need a Detailed I/O Map|

Hi Guys,

As I have no experience with SWTPC computers nor SWTPC compatible software beyond the little amount of time I’ve played with the excellent SWTPC Emulator, I am in need of a detailed I/O Map for Flex9 and UniFlex.  I am in the beginning stages of designing a complete modular 68B09/63C09 based computer system where all I/O can be “dialed up”.  I’m endeavoring to create hardware that is compatible with both SWTPC software and Color Computer software via various configurable plug-in modules.

I’m of course referencing http://www.swtpc.com/ for all the SWTPC details that I can find, but I want to make sure I have all the various versions of I/O that were created for the SWTPC line of computers so I can ensure I cover all the bases in my design.

By the way, I have created my own BUS called the KIPPER BUS with a 22 bit Address Bus in the specification.  I intend to give my KIPPER Computer up to 2MBs of ram later, but in the beginning stages of the design, I’m just using 64KBs of Address Space of the Specification.  As there are so many cards to design, I’m not supporting the upper 6 bits of the address bus specification yet.

I also want to eventually give the Kipper Computer full multiprocessing capability with up to five microprocessors.  I will eventually be updating the Kipper Bus Specification with the necessary signals as soon as I figure them all out.

I will be updating my wiki web page with the details of this project soon.  I’m beginning the update with my adventures with the Eagle Schematic Entry and PCB Design and Fabrication Software package first.  I will be detailing the various projects I have been playing with during the course of learning the excellent EAGLE software package.

You can consult my web page at http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon for further information.

If you have any positive thoughts on this project, please send my an email.

Thanks guys in advance.

Kip

| 20|20|2015-06-17 05:51:03|Kip Koon|CamelForth 1.0, Grant's 6809 Extended Basic, Cubix 1.3 & Flex 9 All |

Hi Fellow Multicomp Enthusiasts,

Have I got your attention?  I hope so. A friend of mine named Neal Crook has been working for a while now on getting 4 different software packages to run on the 6809 Multicomp from the same SD Card.  He has successfully incorporated CamelForth v1.0 25 Apr 95 into the ram of the FPGA chip so the Multicomp boots up into CamelForth!  He has modified it with new Forth words including but not limited to these – BASIC, CUBIX and FLEX as well as words for communication with the SD Card Interface.  As you can guess, BASIC loads and runs Grant’s 6809 Extended Basic (unmodified) from the SD Card.  CUBIX loads and runs the Cubix Operating System (unmodified) and FLEX loads and runs the FLEX 9.0 Operating system with 4 Drives online.

Currently, the Multicomp itself has 128KB of the 512KB Static Ram chip available as that is the amount of static ram in Grant’s original Multicomp Design which he built his hardware from to create his memory mapper and to test all this software on.   However, after I told him what my Multicomp PCBs have available, namely the 512KB chip with the ability of upgrading to 1MB, he started thinking of a way to modify his simple memory pager to accommodate all 1MB of ram!  I’m hoping he will have time to create this modification to his memory mapper at some point in the near future.  The sooner the better I always say!

This 6809 Multicomp platform is what I have been waiting for, for a long time.  An inexpensive hardware system to finally run Flex 9 on only this platform can run 4 different software systems from the same SD Card!  Whoo-Hoo!  This is in the Beta test stage at the moment,  but it seems to be working fine so I thought I would send an invite to the 6809 enthusiasts out there in N8VEM land and see how many Multicomp users might be interested in this port of the 4 software packages mentioned above.

Check out his wiki page describing the whole process of preparing all the software for the Multicomp at the link below.

< https://github.com/nealcrook/multicomp6809/wiki| 21|21|2015-07-17 01:52:47|Kip Koon|Color Flex For Color Computer 3|

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if Color Flex for the Color Computer (CoCo) has been updated for the CoCo 3?  When I run Color Flex on my CoCo 3, I cannot enter a date and a short string of numbers appears.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks a bunch.

Kip Koon

computerdoc@...

| 22|22|2016-06-06 01:44:36|FLEX9@yahoogroups.com|New file uploaded to FLEX9|
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FLEX9
group.

File : /Emulators/Windows/rf_203.zip
Uploaded by : wilserv_41 <coco@... Description : reFLEX emulator by Ben Williams

wilserv_41 <coco@...| 23|22|2016-06-06 01:47:30|FLEX9@yahoogroups.com|New file uploaded to FLEX9|
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FLEX9
group.

File : /Emulators/flex.lha
Uploaded by : wilserv_41 <coco@... Description : FLEX emulator for Amiga by Ben Williams

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

wilserv_41 <coco@...| 24|22|2016-06-06 01:52:01|john dumas|Re: New file uploaded to FLEX9|
A Password Protected file. Oh joy!

| 25|22|2016-06-06 15:38:04|Bills Mail|Re: New file uploaded to FLEX9|

I had no problem getting to it, once I signed into Yahoo Groups.

| 26|22|2016-06-06 17:15:14|Kip Koon|Re: New file uploaded to FLEX9|

The rf_203.zip file is password protected.  Why would someone upload a password protected file to the Flex User Group?  I can’t open it.

De : "Mark Abene phiber@... [FLEX9]"

I have nothing against this list. I'm just saying people are more likely to get an answer on Mike Evenson's FLEX and UniFLEX list, which is older and a lot more active, relatively speaking.

-Mark

| 49|48|2018-10-03 19:04:55|Mark Abene|Re: RE : Re: [FLEX9] Graphical interface|
Just send email to:

-Mark

| 50|50|2019-06-15 05:43:37|s5gmgtysjghr3chckskhwu5i6kqvc2rjw3mvmtrz|Anyone have SDOS disks?|

Thought I would try this list as many 6800/6809 users here. Was chatting with Ira Baxter, who wrote SDOS... and early OS for the 6800 and 6809 machines. He said that his sources were all on a hard drive that crashed and he hasn't gotten around to trying to restore the hard drive.

The manuals for SDOS is on bitsavers... but no disks.. (He did say he donated a full Jupiter system way back to the SF Vintage Computer club.)

Anyways, trying to locate the disks.

Thanks

Carlos

| 51|50|2019-06-15 19:57:40|Mark Abene|Re: Anyone have SDOS disks?|
You might also try asking in the FLEX user group. It's a lot more active. List info here:

There is also a large file archive.

Regards,
Mark